Monday, June 14, 2010

Preschool education- is it a must for our children?

A look at the market today, we find many many schools like Modern Montessori Int’l, Morris Allen, Eton House and many others offering to turn our children into a gifted person through their various gifted programmes. Is it effective and a must for our children?

As my children and I have not gone through such a programme, I am unable to assess the effectiveness of this programme. What I know is children need lots of love and attention from parents.

When I was young, our parents coached and mentored us in subjects from English, Chinese, to maths and science. I really appreciate it and feel it is the key reason, I was able to do well today. This tutoring by my parents helped me gained confidence, faith and belief in myself. In addition, my relationship with my parents was strengthened further.

Therefore, I made a promise that I will shower my time, love, attention and tutor my own children. Even if I m poorly educated, there are values and principles in life that could be imparted to my children and it is a valuable time to bond with my children. My opinion is that this job is far too critical to be outsourced to any other reputable strangers. ( no matter how good they claim they are!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment