Monday, June 14, 2010

Investment seminars- are they worth our time?

So far, I have attended preview-only money-making seminar from Eonenet.com by Ms. Fiona Tan and seminars from Mr Richard who represent Rich Dad Poor Dad programme at Park Royal Hotel at Beach Road and others from Multi-level marketing companies like Amway, Usana, Bel-Air, Lamp-Berger, Cosway etc.

The only programme I have signed up is a 2-day programme that cost $3,800 from Eonenet. I have also heard of seminar programme from Mr Robert Kiyosaki and Mr Anthony Robbins that cost cost a few thousands dollars. I must confess that the programme I have attended is a waste of time and did not deliver as much as I wanted. I must add that through this money-losing and time-wasting experiences, I have learned much more in investing than from the programme and seminars themselves. I am glad that i paid my tuition fee because they awakened my business sense and make me a more astute investor.

These seminars also networked me with people who are hungry for success, money etc. Today in the papers, I saw many advertisements by Asia charts at Peninsula Plaza, T3B trading forex at Concorde Hotel, and many other companies who are touting a quick way to earn money. I wondered if they are as good as they have promised. Thankfully, I don’t need to attend anymore because I have learned much from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment