Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Apple store update

I walked past the Apple store today and noticed during lunchtime it was almost empty of customers. Salespersons are busy chatting on the phone or with colleagues. As this was the school holiday period, I expected a small crowd of students inside the store. It was a different story 2 years ago, when the store was filled with students at about this time.

On the stock screen, I noted that Apple PE is 15 and the share price is at a 52 week high of US$674. About 5 years ago, this was a stock I wanted to buy at US$80. I did not buy because the PE ratio was high at 30. I did not expect it to climb all the way to $600. At this price its market cap is US$632 Billion. Unless, it has a few new great product, Apple may reached its peak now and will dive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment