Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A trip and analogy

A trip and analogy

A trip with my mother to the bank recently really proved a theory- An experience on a trip will tell you what your partners really are in character.

During this trip, my mother who is unsure of the route (unsure of her purpose in life), walk faster (loves to win) than me and is about 30-50m ahead of me (her ego is big). She does not ask me which way (does not take instructions) and I have to shout to her to tell her that it is another way, before she turned away. By walking alone in front me, she is focused on herself and neglect the group with her. During the trip, she offers her help to carry baby, and I rejected because it is very tiring for a 71-year old lady.

Upon reflections, I realized that my mum is unsure of her purpose in life and she does not take instruction from anyone. She must win and hate to lose. Her ego is so big that she focused on herself and forgot about her group with her. She does things herself and neglect the team. She loves to help others. I learnt that I m considerate because I spared a thought for my mum and reject her help not because she is unable to help but it is very tiring to carry a 10 kg baby over a long distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment