Monday, July 25, 2011

What a show!

I read the news that the US senators and government officials fight over the plan to raise the debt ceiling with amusement. To me this is acting at the highest level. They probably deserved the “best actor award”. It reminded me of a show I watched in China. My China cousin who wanted to setup a retail shop, had a meeting with a landlord. In this meeting, which I witnessed, the landlord’s sons and relatives were urging the decision maker that “someone had a better price”, etc…it was like they do not want to rent it out to my cousin. I find it strange because the shop was sitting there empty collecting dust. Why would they not rent it out? Eventually after some serious quarrels or acting, they decided to rent it out to my cousin. It was almost as if the landlord were doing us a favour by renting the shop to us. And my cousins are the so called buyers. What a show!

The US officials bickering with the debt ceiling plan is also a show. It was scripted and directed by someone. In this play, they have already decided to increase the debt ceiling. It is just that they wanted to show the world, how serious they wanted to reduce the deficit so they debt holders will continue to buy their debt. What a show to sell! Anyway, it was a good show for the US debt holders like Japan and China.

No comments:

Post a Comment